Slovenia is waiting for you to explore it. In your own way. Soon.
Close your eyes and embark on an imaginative journey to a green country, where the Alps meet the Mediterranean and the Pannonian Plain. Let your mind wander through vast green forests or charming towns. Set your imagination free and descend deep into the mysterious underground world of the Karst region or climb high to the peaks of the Alps.
Welcome to green and safe Slovenia!
5 major reasons for choosing Slovenia:
- We have implemented strict hygiene requirements and health protection recommendations. The measures and requirements issued and directed by the National Institute of Public Health based on the epidemiological situation apply throughout Slovenia. The hospitality sector carefully carries out all recommendations to prevent infections. In this way, we protect our visitors, employees, and the local community
- Slovenia is one of the safest countries in the world. We are proud that Slovenia has been considered one of the safest countries in the world for years. It ranked eighth on the 2019 Global Peace Index, which is the most recent one published
- Striving for a sustainable future. Slovenia was the first country to receive the Global Green Destination title. Our commitment to the sustainable development of Slovenian tourism is demonstrated by numerous international awards, such as Best of Europe 2020 at the 2020 Sustainable Top 100 Destination Awards
- We love to live an active, healthy, and green life. The Alps, the Mediterranean, and the Pannonian Plain – Slovenia is the only European country where you can find all three
- We swear by boutique and unique experiences. In Slovenia, you can experience, visit, feel or taste something new and unique every day of the year! We are a country of unique experiences, free from mass tourism.
ABOUT SLOVENIAN TOURIST BOARD
A green boutique global destination for high-end visitors seeking diverse and active experiences, peace, and personal benefits. A destination of five-star experiences.
This is the vision of the tourist destination Slovenia, as perceived and pursued by the Slovenian Tourist Board, the central national agency for the promotion of tourism, one of the most successful and promising industries in the Slovenian economy.